Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (SESR) Visa subclass 494
Note: RDA Mid North Coast does not send messages by WhatsApp and will not contact you via SMS texts to your phone.
If you receive a text or WhatsApp message that looks like it is from RDA Mid North Coast please:
- be careful
- do not click on any links
- do not reply to a text or WhatsApp request for further information.
If you have made a payment to RDA Mid North Coast do not make another payment.
Please report any dubious contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast invites skilled migrants to enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia by applying for sponsorship to live and work in the Mid North Coast region under the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 494 (SESR).
The SESR visa enables regional employers to address identified labour shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker. For the sponsored skilled migrant, the visa means a pathway for permanent residence after 3 years with the employer.
If an employer wishes to sponsor or nominate a skilled worker under a 494 visa to work in a designated regional area in a skilled occupation listed on the relevant skilled occupation list then they must:
- be an eligible business
- be or have applied to be a Standard Business Sponsor
- obtain a Regional Certifying Body assessment of the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for the nominated position
- pay the Skilling Australians Fund levy when they nominate an applicant
- uphold the obligations of a Standard Business Sponsor
To be eligible for a 494 visa sponsorship a nominee must:
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have at least 3 years relevant work experience in their nominated occupation
- have a relevant skills assessment, unless an exemption applies
- have relevant registration or licensing, if required
- work only for their sponsor or associated entity, unless an exemption applies
- be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- be at least ‘competent’ in English language proficiency as determined by a recognised test
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast’s role as Regional Certifying Body
The role of RDA Mid North Coast as the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) is to provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs on SESR subclass 494 nominations for the Mid North Coast region. All 494 nominations in the Employer Sponsored streams need advice from an RCB.
RDAMNC is the only RCB for the Mid North Coast region of NSW, which includes the following Local Government Areas:
- Coffs Harbour City
- Bellingen Shire
- Nambucca Valley
- Kempsey Shire
- Port Macquarie-Hastings
- The community of Taree
- Norfolk Island
- Lord Howe Island
We’re here to help
As RCB it is our role to assess the Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR) of nominations and provide advice to the Government. The Annual Market Salary Rate for the 494 program includes guaranteed overtime, penalty rates and annualised rates as per TSS nominations. The same definition of ‘earnings’ in regulation 2.57A applies to 494 nominations.
Advice from RDA Mid North Coast on the Annual Market Salary Rate will be taken into consideration when the assessment against that requirement is made by Department of Home Affairs.
Occupations for nominated positions must be included on the Skilled Occupation List.
Quick tools to process
- Find out relevant SESR postcodes
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional – Regional Certifying Body evidence: Form 1404
- Check the SESR Criteria
- View our SESR Checklist
- Read more about the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
All applications for RCB advice must include the following information:
- Payment of $770 processing fee (See payment details below)
- Form 1404 (Download below)
- Position description
- Employment contract
- Relevant Award or Enterprise Agreement
- Organisational chart
- ABN and business address details where the nominee will be working
- A copy of financial year accounts P&L and Balance Sheet (unaudited)
- Copy of the relevant award if referenced
- Payslips of other employees working same position
Payment of Processing Fees
The processing fee is $770.00 (inc GST). Payment can be made via direct deposit into the RDAMNC bank account:
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
National Australia Bank
Ref: Nominee or Business Name
Download Form 1404 – HERE
Lodgement email address: email@example.com