Have you tried coworking yet?
Have you tried coworking yet? With spaces popping up throughout the Mid North Coast it’s a good time to dip your toe in the water and check it out.
What is coworking? Coworking is a style of work that involves a shared workplace, often an office, and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office, those coworking are usually not employed by the same organisation (thanks Wikipedia)
When is coworking not just coworking? While the notion of coworking usually refers to the space in which the work is done, it is just part of what we could call the ‘entrepreneurial ecosystem’ – that is, spaces, ideas, events, learning and networking opportunities which build business from the grassroots up in a community. Every business needs a network from suppliers to customers and if you are sitting alone in your home office this can be difficult to create. Coworking can change the trajectory of your business through the power of people.
Coworking, innovation spaces and commercial rentals with a difference in the MNC
- 6 degrees is a community of local entrepreneurs, freelancers and collaborators; a space in where people start new businesses, share insights, collaborate and be inspired. More here
Physical spaces in Coffs Harbour and Woolgoolga and online at facebook here
- Innovation Hub Coffs Coast provides affordable commercial rent and access to shared resources for startups. The Hub is located at the Coffs Harbour Education Campus More here
- Toogetha in Coffs Harbour provides hot desks, private work spaces, a training / conference room and events. More here and on Facebook
- The Hub Pop Up Port Macquarie, Coworking space, meeting room, events and industry development. Find on Facebook
- Percival House, Kempsey, including affordable office space, meeting room – best suited to finance/marketing industries. Contact Gary Scott here
If you want to learn more about coworking, what an incubator is or just link with a network of like minded folks make sure you join us at Ignite MNC in Bellingen this year (7 November) here….
Oh – and a discount code as your reward for reading to the end: MATESRATE