Update for regional NSW businesses
New COVID-19 measures for regional NSW: important update for all business owners
With the increasing risk of COVID-19 in the community, stay at home orders are now in place across the whole of state, including regional NSW. This means for all areas of regional NSW:
- some businesses will not be able to open
- employees must be allowed to work from home if they are able to do so
- there are restrictions for the construction industry including renovations, repairs, maintenance and cleaning
- masks are now mandatory in most places outside the home and you must always have one with you
- financial support is available. Businesses and individuals can find out if they are eligible by visiting nsw.gov.au or calling Service NSW on 13 77 88.
Businesses that can remain open must comply with the one person per four square metre rule (some exemptions apply). It is also critical to have an up-to-date COVID-19 Safety Plan in place, and ensure all customers, staff, delivery drivers and contractors check in and out using electronic check-in systems and follow COVID safe behaviours.
Anyone unwell, even with mild symptoms should not go to work. It is critical that they get tested immediately, isolate and follow the health advice.
Now is a critical time for everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Everyone 18 and over is eligible. Speak to your local GP or pharmacist or visit nsw.gov.au to make a booking now.
These are critical measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community and everyone’s actions will make a difference.