The Mid North Coast has vast quantities of unused agricultural land, yet many young would-be farmers are leaving agriculture, or the region, because they don’t have the funds to buy their own farms.
RDAMNC has a keen interest in linking current and existing farmers to the information they need to start and grow their businesses.
For now visit our grants and funding page for relevant information to grow your business – and check out the links below…
Sharefarming is a system where farmers make use of agricultural assets they don’t own in return for a percentage of the profits.
Leasing occurs when a tenant farmer pays the landowner an agreed amount to run their business on that property and retain all profits.
- Successful farm leasing in Australia – RIRDC May 2011
- Leasing land: calculating a rental – NSW DPI Jan 2007
- Leasing and share farming land – GRDC Feb 2014
- To lease or not to lease – BDO
- (USA) Landowners guide to leasing to a farmer handbook – Land for Good 2012