Regional Development Australia – Mid North Coast (RDA MNC) is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Mid North Coast of New South Wales.
All applications are currently on hold and we are not accepting any further applications due to a high volume of Expressions of Interest
To view the RDA MNC occupations currently eligible for nomination, please follow the link:
RDA MNC welcomes overseas skilled workers to apply for regional sponsorship under the Skilled Regional Sponsored (489 Visa) program. This is just one way our organisation is committed to addressing skills in need and to enhance business development in our region.
The long term objective is to encourage skilled workers to stay in the region. This visa is valid for up to four years for the applicant and their dependants. However, after two years of living in regional Australia, including at least 12 months full time work in regional Australia, sponsored skilled workers may apply for the subclass 887 Permanent Visa –provided they meet Department of Home Affairs (DHA) requirements.
Step 1 – Expression of Interest (EOI)
New Expressions of Interest need be made via the Expression of Interest Form here. SRS489 EOI form_120814
Please note: Applicants must show at least 2 years, post graduate, full-time employment experience in the nominated occupation under the submitted ANZSCO code.
You will need to email the completed EOI form to email@example.com along with your Resume; IELTS Test Results, Biopage of Passport and Skills Assessment.
Do NOT complete until your EOI has been approved
If RDA Mid North Coast approves your EOI, we will notify you via email and request you provide the following documents, with payment of AUD $770 (GST Inclusive). Note, this payment is non-refundable.
- Completed Form R Form-R_September 2014 Statement of Commitment
- Completed form 956 (if using a Migration Agent)
- Department of Home Affairs (DHA) SkillSelect EOI printed document
- Current Resume / CV for all adult applicants
- Certified Copy of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test results (unless country of origin is exempt) https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-?modal=/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists
- Certified copies of appropriate skills assessment provided by the relevant Australian Assessing Authority and / or registration bodies of Australia and NSW
- Certified copies of any educational qualifications & academic transcripts
- Employment References which include a duty statement
- Certified Copy of Passport details page and/or a certified copy of birth certificate (for all applicants including children)
- For any other persons included on the application we require a certified copy of their passport to be supplied along with your documentation
- Signed Statement of Commitment to move to the Mid North Coast region to live and work for the term of the Visa
- Payment or Evidence of payment should be included with the application
Applications, supporting documentation and payment (or evidence of payment) may be emailed to:
OR a hard copy (paper) mailed to:
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
PO Box 750
PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
If your application for regional sponsorship is accepted we will notify you by email and advise you of your reference number. Please note, processing time for applications is up to 4 weeks. Please do not request updates on the status of your application unless it is outside this timeframe.
- Your signed Form R will be forwarded to NSW Trade & Investment and they will nominate you on SkillSelect for regional sponsorship.
- You will receive an invitation from DHA to apply for the 489 Visa. You have 60 days from nomination on SkillSelect to do so. During the 60 day period your SkillSelect profile is locked and you cannot be nominated for any other visa on this EOI number.
- Complete the online application for the 489 Visa with DHA, providing all supporting documentation as previously listed.
- Wait for notification from DHA regarding your visa application processing and result. Please forward to us your communication from DHA which advises you of the result – whether positive or negative.
- Should your application with DHA be successful, please contact RDA Mid North Coast and advise us of your likely time of arrival in the Mid North Coast Region. We will then send you further information on settling in the Mid North Coast. Please quote your reference number in all communication with RDA MNC.
Please note: It is your responsibility to secure employment, housing, transport etc. RDA MNC does not accept responsibility for your welfare or that of your dependants, nor do we assist directly with your settlement in the region.
It is your responsibility to keep our office up to date on your living and working arrangements from the time your visa is granted by DHA. p:(02) 5525 1500 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use your RDA Mid North Coast reference number in ALL communications with us.
An administration fee ($770 inc GST) applies for processing applications and is payable at the time of submitting a Full Application (not when submitting an Expression of Interest).
The processing fee must be paid up front and is non-refundable.
If you are seeking regional nomination for the Skilled Regional Sponsored program by RDA MNC then you must self-assess and ensure you meet the Assessment Requirements outlined below.
1. The applicant must be under 45 years of age.
2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The applicant must have a competent IELTS test result, showing a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components, or the applicant must meet the English language threshold. The applicant meets the English language threshold if they hold a valid passport from one of the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- The Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
3. Skilled Occupation
The applicant must nominate a skilled occupation befitting their skills and qualifications which is identified on the RDA MNC Occupations currently eligible for nomination in the applicants must have a current skills assessment completed by one of the Australian Authorised Assessment bodies as determined by Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
4. SkillSelect Points Test
The applicant must score a minimum of 65 points on the SkillSelect Points Test (regional sponsorship automatically achieves 10 points). Upon successful completion of the SkillSelect Points Test you will be allocated a SkillSelect EOI number. A copy of this report must be included in your application.
5. Health Requirements
The applicant and family members must satisfy the health requirements as specified in the Migration Regulations.
6. Good Character
The applicant and family members over 16 years of age must be of good character.
Please note: By applying for a 489 Visa through RDA MNC you commit to making a genuine effort to satisfy your 489 Visa conditions in the MNC region. The conditions are: at least two years living in the Mid North Coast regional area; and full-time equivalent employment for at least 1 year. You are expected to make genuine attempts to find work in the Mid North Coast which includes the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Greater Taree, Port Macquarie Hastings, Kempsey, Nambucca, Bellingen and Coffs Harbour. All applicants must meet the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) requirements for this visa.
An Assessment Fee of AUD $770 including GST (onshore and offshore) applies per application submitted for request for assessment. A cheque made payable to Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast should be submitted with the assessment application or alternatively payment can be made by EFT to:
Account Name: Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
BSB: 721 000
Account: 100 166 640
Reference: 489, “Name of applicant”
SWIFT Code: CUSCAU2SXXX
Bank Institution: Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd
Address of Bank: 1 Commerce Street, Wauchope NSW 2446 Australia
Processing of application will not begin until the processing fee is paid and all documentation is received.
To help you settle in the Mid North Coast
The following information booklet has been developed as a resource to assist you in your move to the Mid North Coast.
Phone: 02 5525 1500
Postal Address: PO Box 750 Port Macquarie NSW 2444