ATTENTION: Please note that the Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa (SRS) 489 program for the NSW Mid North Coast is now CLOSED.
The Skilled Occupation list for the NSW Mid North Coast can be found here : NSW 489 Skilled Occupation List
EOI’s for Occupations NOT included in the above list for the Mid North Coast will NOT be processed. Invitations for Full Application will be issued by Monday 26 August 2019. Applications must be received by Friday 30 August 2019. Information can be found here regarding the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa which will replace the Skilled Regional Nominated (489)
Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa (489) – CLOSED
Regional Development Australia – Mid North Coast (RDA MNC) is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Mid North Coast of New South Wales.
RDA MNC welcomes overseas skilled workers to apply for regional sponsorship under the Skilled Regional Sponsored (489 Visa) program. This is just one way our organisation is committed to addressing skills in need and to enhance business development in our region.
The long term objective is to encourage skilled workers to stay in the region. This visa is valid for up to four years for the applicant and their dependants. However, after two years of living in regional Australia, including at least 12 months full time work in regional Australia, sponsored skilled workers may apply for the subclass 887 Permanent Visa –provided they meet Department of Home Affairs (DoHA) requirements.
For additional information relating to 489 visas please visit: Further Information
Step 1 – Expression of Interest (EOI) – CLOSED
New Expressions of Interest need be made via the Expression of Interest Form here. SRS489 EOI form_120814
Please note: ALL applicants must show at least 2 years, post graduate, full-time employment experience in the nominated occupation under the submitted ANZSCO code.
You will need to email the completed EOI form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed (typed not handwritten) Form R April 2019 your Resume, IELTS Test Results, Biopage of Passport and Skills Assessment.
Due to the changes to the new Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa which will replace the Skilled Regional Nominated (489) visa, invitations for EOI’s received prior to the closing date will be issued by Monday 26 August 2019. Applications must be received by Friday 30 August 2019.
Do NOT complete until your EOI has been approved
If RDA Mid North Coast approves your EOI, we will notify you via email and request you provide the following documents, with payment of AUD $770 (GST Inclusive). Note, this payment is non-refundable.
- Completed Form R April 2019 Statement of Commitment
- Completed form 956 (if using a Migration Agent)
- Department of Home Affairs (DHA) SkillSelect EOI printed document
- Current Resume / CV for all adult applicants
- Certified Copy of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test results (unless country of origin is exempt) https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-?modal=/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists
- Certified copies of appropriate skills assessment provided by the relevant Australian Assessing Authority and / or registration bodies of Australia and NSW
- Certified copies of any educational qualifications & academic transcripts
- Employment References which include a duty statement
- Certified Copy of Passport details page and/or a certified copy of birth certificate (for all applicants including children)
- For any other persons included on the application we require a certified copy of their passport to be supplied along with your documentation
- Signed Statement of Commitment to move to the Mid North Coast region to live and work for the term of the Visa
- Payment or Evidence of payment should be included with the application
Applications, supporting documentation and payment (or evidence of payment) may be emailed to:
OR a hard copy (paper) mailed to:
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
PO Box 750
PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
If your application for regional sponsorship is accepted we will notify you by email and advise you of your reference number. Please note, processing time for applications is up to 4 weeks. Please do not request updates on the status of your application unless it is outside this timeframe.
- Your signed Form R will be forwarded to NSW Trade & Investment and they will nominate you on SkillSelect for regional sponsorship.
- You will receive an invitation from DHA to apply for the 489 Visa. You have 60 days from nomination on SkillSelect to do so. During the 60 day period your SkillSelect profile is locked and you cannot be nominated for any other visa on this EOI number.
- Complete the online application for the 489 Visa with DHA, providing all supporting documentation as previously listed.
- Wait for notification from DHA regarding your visa application processing and result. Please forward to us your communication from DHA which advises you of the result – whether positive or negative.
- Should your application with DHA be successful, please contact RDA Mid North Coast and advise us of your likely time of arrival in the Mid North Coast Region. We will then send you further information on settling in the Mid North Coast. Please quote your reference number in all communication with RDA MNC.
Please note: It is your responsibility to secure employment, housing, transport etc. RDA MNC does not accept responsibility for your welfare or that of your dependants, nor do we assist directly with your settlement in the region.
It is your responsibility to keep our office up to date on your living and working arrangements from the time your visa is granted by DHA. p:(02) 5525 1500 e: email@example.com
Please use your RDA Mid North Coast reference number in ALL communications with us.
An administration fee ($770 inc GST) applies for processing applications and is payable at the time of submitting a Full Application (not when submitting an Expression of Interest).
The processing fee must be paid up front and is non-refundable.
If you are seeking regional nomination for the Skilled Regional Sponsored program by RDA MNC then you must self-assess and ensure you meet the Assessment Requirements outlined below.
1. The applicant must be under 45 years of age.
2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The applicant must have a competent IELTS test result, showing a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components, or the applicant must meet the English language threshold. The applicant meets the English language threshold if they hold a valid passport from one of the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- The Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
3. Skilled Occupation
The applicant must nominate a skilled occupation befitting their skills and qualifications which is identified on the NSW 489 Skilled Occupation List The applicants must have a current skills assessment completed by one of the Australian Authorised Assessment bodies as determined by Department of Home Affairs (DoHA).
4. SkillSelect Points Test
The applicant must score a minimum of 65 points on the SkillSelect Points Test (regional sponsorship automatically achieves 10 points). Upon successful completion of the SkillSelect Points Test you will be allocated a SkillSelect EOI number. A copy of this report must be included in your application.
5. Health Requirements
The applicant and family members must satisfy the health requirements as specified in the Migration Regulations.
6. Good Character
The applicant and family members over 16 years of age must be of good character.
Please note: By applying for a 489 Visa through RDA MNC you commit to making a genuine effort to satisfy your 489 Visa conditions in the MNC region. The conditions are: at least two years living in the Mid North Coast regional area; and full-time equivalent employment for at least 1 year. You are expected to make genuine attempts to find work in the Mid North Coast which includes the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Greater Taree, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Kempsey, Nambucca, Bellingen and Coffs Harbour. All applicants must meet the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA) requirements for this visa.
An Assessment Fee of AUD $770 including GST (onshore and offshore) applies per application submitted for request for assessment. A cheque made payable to Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast should be submitted with the assessment application or alternatively payment can be made by EFT to:
Account Name: Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
Account: 500 166 640
Reference: 489, “Name of applicant”
SWIFT Code: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the correct code for international payments only
Bank Institution: Regional Australia Bank Ltd
ABN: 21 087 650 360
Processing of application will not begin until the processing fee is paid and all documentation is received.
To help you settle in the Mid North Coast
The following information booklet has been developed as a resource to assist you in your move to the Mid North Coast.
Phone: 02 5525 1500
Postal Address: PO Box 750 Port Macquarie NSW 2444