The RDAMNC Office will be closed from Friday 23 December 2017 and will reopen on Monday 22 January 2018.
During this period NO Migration applications will be processed. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGIONAL SPONSORED MIGRATION SCHEME (RSMS)
Regional Development Australia (RDA)-Mid North Coast invites skilled migrants to enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia by applying for sponsorship to live and work in the Mid North Coast region under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allows Australian employers in regional and low population growth areas of Australia to address skilled vacancies in their business that they have been unable to fill locally by sponsoring skilled foreign workers for permanent residence.
The Mid North Coast RCB assesses and provides the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) with advice on Direct Entry Stream employer nominations only.
Direct Entry Stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last 2 years, or who are applying directly from outside of Australia.
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. (RDAMNC) is gazetted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) as the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Mid North Coast NSW Region. Applicants outside this region should locate a RCB near to them.
As an RCB, RDAMNC will provide advice on RSMS Direct Entry employer nomination applications.
This stream is used if you want to nominate an applicant to fill a position that is:
- an occupation that is classified at skill level 1 to 3 by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
- full-time, ongoing and for at least two years.
You must seek advice from a Regional Certifying Body in relation to the position you want to fill. The resulting advice can be submitted before or after you lodge an employer nomination application online.
RDAMNC has recently identified areas of employment within the Mid North Coast Region for which we have determined there is no apparent current skill shortage. This includes: Cafe/Restaurant, Office, Customer, and Retail and Service Managers, Retail Buyers as per the following Standard Classification of Occupation Unit Groups:
|Occupation||Unit Group ANZSCO|
|Customer Service Manager||Unit Group 1492 149212|
|Retail and Service Manager||Unit Group 1499 149999|
|Retail Managers (general)Retail Buyer||Unit Group 1421 142111
Unit Group 6392 639211
|Cafe or Restaurant Manager||Unit Group 1411 141111|
|Office Manager||Unit Group 5121 512111|
It is still possible to apply for Regional Certification of RSMS for these occupations; however, these occupations generally will not receive regional support.
Requests for RSMS assessments should be lodged with Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. for positions located within the Mid North Coast Region. RDAMNC will assess the application against the three requirements under the Migration Regulations 5.19(4) as outlined on DIBP Form 1404. NO applications will be processed between 20 December 2017 and 8 January 2018.
Applicants must pay the required application fee with all available supporting documents (refer below).
Assessments will be provided within 3 months of lodgment of the request for assessment, subject to the application being decision ready when received by RDAMNC.
RDA Mid North Coast may request additional information where necessary to complete its assessment. On finalisation of the assessment, the DIBP Form 1404 (completed by certifying body) will be the returned to the applicant. The nomination application should then be submitted to DIBP (if not already done so).
Where the assessment does not satisfy the requirements outlined on DIBP Form 1404, RDA Mid North Coast will provide this advice to DIBP. This advice will be considered by a DIBP case officer when the application is assessed. Applicants will have a further opportunity at that time to make a further submission to DIBP on this matter.
DIBP Form 1404 Completed http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1404.pdf
Nomination Application to DIBP (or draft if not already sent) – application and DIBP Form 1404 to be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
RSMS Program Administrator
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
PO Box 2537 Port Macquarie NSW 2444
1. To assess need for a paid employee in the nominated position within the business activities of the employer
- Business Registration
- Organisation Chart showing name, position held, start date, employment status, F/T, P/T, casual etc for all employees
- Job Description
- Employment Contract
- Letter of Support From Accountant
- Annual Reports Last Two Years and copies of 4 most recent BAS/PAYG statements submitted to the ATO
Submission on the Business
- Outline of goods and services produced
- Evidence of previous occupant of position who has left position, or,
- Evidence position is filled with temporary resident
- Recent bank statements showing withdrawals for PAYG, superannuation, wages etc.
Submission if a New or Diversifying Business
- Evidence of appropriate market research
- Business plans
- Financial budgets
- Availability of funds
- Lease or purchase of equipment
- Lease or purchase of business premises
2. To assess that the nominated position cannot be filled by an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident who is living in the same local area as the nominated position
- Two insertions of a job advertisement in a local newspaper in or near the Local Government Area where the position is offered e.g. Coffs Harbour Advocate (Coffs Harbour, Woolgoolga, Nambucca, Bellingen) Macleay Argus (Kempsey), Port Macquarie News (Port Macquarie, Wauchope, Laurieton), Manning River Times (Taree) within three months preceding the application lodgement; and
- Online advertising for at least three weeks with Jobsearch – the free Australian Government careers website. We require a print out of the number of responses to the advertisement obtained from Jobsearch.
Evidence of responses and interviews conducted for eligible applicants for both forms of advertising is required.
3. To assess whether the terms and conditions of employment are no less favourable than those that are or would be provided to an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident performing equivalent work in the same workplace at the same location.
- Enterprise Agreement or
- Industrial Agreement or
- Common Law employment contracts
- Evidence of superannuation obligations met for employees (proof of payment of Superannuation obligations previous 3 quarters)
- Payslips for Australian employees in equivalent positions
- Employment contracts for Australian employees in equivalent positions, or,
Where there is no equivalent Australian employee
- Evidence from ABS
- Remuneration surveys
- Job vacancy ads with salary given
- Data for unions or employer associations.
A processing fee of $660.00 (inclusive GST) applies per application submitted for request for assessment.
Priority processing can be completed in 2 weeks from receipt of application and full payment provided ALL the above listed documents are included. The priority processing fee is $990.00 (inclusive GST).
No refunds will be given for change of mind or withdrawal of application.
NO applications will be processed between 20 December 2017 and 8 January 2018. A cheque made payable to Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast should be submitted with the assessment application or alternatively payment can be made by EFT to:
Account Name: Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
BSB: 721 000
Account: 100 166 640
Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd
To help you settle in the Mid North Coast
The following information booklet has been developed as a resource to assist you in your move to the Mid North Coast.