REGIONAL SPONSORED MIGRATION SCHEME (RSMS)
Regional Development Australia (RDA)-Mid North Coast invites skilled migrants to enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia by applying for sponsorship to live and work in the Mid North Coast region under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allows Australian employers in regional and low population growth areas of Australia to address skilled vacancies in their business that they have been unable to fill locally by sponsoring skilled foreign workers for permanent residence.
The Mid North Coast RCB assesses and provides the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with advice on Direct Entry Stream employer nominations only.
Direct Entry Stream is for applicants who are untested in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for at least the last 2 years, or who are applying directly from outside of Australia.
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. (RDAMNC) is gazetted by the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) as the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Mid North Coast NSW Region. Applicants outside this region should locate a RCB near to them.
As an RCB, RDAMNC will provide advice on RSMS Direct Entry employer nomination applications.
This stream is used if you want to nominate an applicant to fill a position that is:
- an occupation that is classified at skill level 1 to 3 by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
- full-time, ongoing and for at least two years.
You must seek advice from a Regional Certifying Body in relation to the position you want to fill. The resulting advice can be submitted before or after you lodge an employer nomination application online.
RDAMNC has recently identified areas of employment within the Mid North Coast Region for which we have determined there is no apparent current skill shortage. This includes: Cafe/Restaurant, Office, Customer, and Retail and Service Managers, Retail Buyers as per the following Standard Classification of Occupation Unit Groups:
|Occupation||Unit Group ANZSCO|
|Customer Service Manager||Unit Group 1492 149212|
|Retail and Service Manager||Unit Group 1499 149999|
|Retail Managers (general)
|Unit Group 1421 142111
Unit Group 6392 639211
|Cafe or Restaurant Manager||Unit Group 1411 141111|
|Office Manager||Unit Group 5121 512111|
It is still possible to apply for Regional Certification of RSMS for these occupations; however, these occupations generally will not receive regional support.
Requests for RSMS assessments should be lodged with Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast NSW Inc. for positions located within the Mid North Coast Region. RDAMNC will assess the application against the three requirements under the Migration Regulations 5.19(4) as outlined on DIBP Form 1404.
Applicants must pay the required application fee with all available supporting documents (refer below).
Assessments will be provided within 3 months of lodgment of the request for assessment, subject to the application being decision ready when received by RDAMNC.
RDA Mid North Coast may request additional information where necessary to complete its assessment. On finalisation of the assessment, the DIBP Form 1404 (completed by certifying body) will be the returned to the applicant. The nomination application should then be submitted to DHA (if not already done so).
Where the assessment does not satisfy the requirements outlined on DHA Form 1404, RDA Mid North Coast will provide this advice to DHA. This advice will be considered by a DHA case officer when the application is assessed. Applicants will have a further opportunity at that time to make a further submission to DHA on this matter.
DIBP Form 1404 Completed http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1404.pdf
Nomination Application to DHA (or draft if not already sent) – application and DHA Form 1404 to be scanned and emailed to
or mailed to:
RSMS Program Administrator
Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
PO Box 750 Port Macquarie NSW 2444
If any of these documents are not supplied there will be one email request and if the documents are still not submitted this omission will result in a negative advice. No correspondence will be entered into regarding a negative advice and no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Evidence of payment
- Form 1404
- Form 956 or online application
- Business registration – ABN or ACN certificate
- Letter outlining the business and reasons for needing the nominated position
- Organisational chart – every employee listed with start date, employment status (F/T, P/T, casual etc.) and position held in the business
- Position description
New or diversifying business
- Evidence of appropriate market research
- Business plans
- Financial budgets/forecasts
- Availability of funds
- Lease or purchase of business premises
- Lease or purchase of equipment
- Listing on JobSearch, SEEK or Indeed – for at least three (3) weeks.
- List of applicants interviewed, selection criteria applied and reasons for unsuitability
- Copies of all resumes received in response to the advertising
- Financial statements – Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet for the most recent 2 financial years and BAS for same
- Letter of support from the accountant
- Evidence of Superannuation paid to employees by way of clearing house receipt with matching bank statements showing transfer of funds
- Employment contract or letter of offer ensuring National Employment Standards (NES) are adhered to with regard to:
- applicable Award or Agreement
- base salary
- Core hours and days of the week to be worked
- Penalty rates for overtime and/or weekends
- Leave entitlements – personal, annual, long service etc.
- Payslips for equivalent/previous employee
- If no equivalent employee, evidence from ABS and/or remuneration surveys
The RCB Advice is advice only, and does not constitute a ‘decision’. The final decision rests with DHA. If RDA MNC assesses the application as unsuccessful there is still the opportunity to provide DHA with further documents. Applicants also have the ‘right to review’ through DHA. RDA MNC will not enter into any discussion regarding applications receiving a negative advice.
A processing fee of $660.00 (inclusive GST) applies per application submitted for request for assessment.
Priority processing can be completed in 4 weeks from receipt of application and full payment provided ALL of the above listed documents are included. The priority processing fee is $990.00 (inclusive GST).
No refunds will be given for change of mind or withdrawal of application.
A cheque made payable to Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast should be submitted with the assessment application or alternatively payment can be made by EFT to:
Account Name: Regional Development Australia Mid North Coast
BSB: 721 000
Account: 100 166 640
Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd
To help you settle in the Mid North Coast
The following information booklet has been developed as a resource to assist you in your move to the Mid North Coast.